1S 2018 - 2019
Welcome to Year 1S
A warm welcome to Year 1S. The teachers in this classroom are Mrs Seaborn (assistant headteacher) and Mrs Durcan.
We hope you enjoy looking at pictures of us working hard and learning. Follow this page to see our latest news and work.
Autumn Term 1 Our Earth: 0ur Home
Over the next few weeks we will be following a unit of work that focuses on the theme of habitats .
We will be learning
- About the plants and animals living in forests
- About different types of trees
- About plants and animals that live in other habitats
- How to sort living things into different groups
- What a micro-habitat is and what creatures live there
- How animals are adapted to their environment
- How living things depend on each other
We already know the interest you take in your child’s work. If you can, please discuss with your child the work they have done as the term progresses and let them teach you. Talk with your child about the wildlife that can be found in your local area. Go on a nature walk and try to identify and name as many different plants and animals as you can. Then try to ﬁnd out how they grow.
1S: News items
There are no News items to display
1S: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
1S: Events items
There are no Events items to display