1D 2018 - 2019
Welcome to Year 1D
Our teachers are Mrs Dale, Mrs Alderson, Mrs Auton and Mrs Ryder.
We hope you enjoy looking at all the pictures of us working hard and enjoying our learning.
Our Earth: Our Home
Over the next few weeks we will be following a unit of work on the theme habitats.
We will be learning:
- About the plants and animals living in forests
- About different types of trees
- About plants and animals that live in other habitats
- How to sort living things into different groups
- What a micro-habitat is and what creatures live there
- How animals are adapted to their environment
- How living things depend on each other
We already know the interest you take in your child's work. If you can, please discuss with your child the work they have done as the term progresses and let them teach you. Talk with your child about the wildlife that can be found in your local area. Go on a nature walk and try to identify and name as many different plants and animals as you can. Then try to find out how they grow.