1D 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 1D
Our teachers are Mrs Dale, Mrs Murray and Mrs Goode.
We hope you enjoy looking at all the pictures of us working hard and enjoying our learning.
Our Class Saint is...
St. Teresa of Calcutta
Feast day: 5th September
Spring Term 1
Our topic is...
What's it made of?
In science, we will find out:
• What objects are made of
• How we use different materials
• How to test materials
• How materials are the same or different
• How we can group materials
• How to choose materials for specific uses
• Where materials come from
In technology, we will find out:
• How to plan, design and make a waterproof hat out of recyclables
In computing, we will find out:
• How to stay safe on the internet
• To plan and predict the behaviour of simple programs
In international, we will be find out:
• About the materials used to build our homes
• Why plastic waste is a global problem and what we can do about it
Information for Parents
Follow the links to some fun learning ideas for different subjects:
BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
Premier League Primary Stars: https://plprimarystars.com/for-families
Oxford Owl Free ebook Library: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/#
Letters and Sounds (Phonics): https://lettersandsounds.org.uk/
Phonics Play Games: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources
Please find the login details for Letter Join (https://www.letterjoin.co.uk/log-in.html#)
inside your child’s reading diary.
Times Tables Rockstars: https://ttrockstars.com/
Keep Fit & Healthy
NHS Change4Life- recipes and activities: https://www.nhs.uk/change4life
Files to Download
1D: News items
There are no News items to display
1D: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
1D: Display work items
1D: Events items
There are no Events items to display