2B 2019 - 2020
During Autmn 2 our topic is ‘The Magic Toymaker’ and the children will be learning about toys from the past and materials. As part of this unit they will be designing, making and evaluating their own puppets.
As part of their homework I am asking your child to design and make their own board game including a short description on how to play the game and a list of rules. Alternatively your child could research 'teddy bears' or 'dolls' from the past and prepare a poster, a model, a picture or a piece of writing of their findings ready to share with the rest of the class. Could they please bring this into school no earlier than the week beginning 2/12/19. Good luck with your research!
Look below to see what other things we are learning about this half term!
In literacy we are reading 'The disgusting sandwich' 'Toys in space' 'Lost in the toy museum' and ' The nutcracker' This will involve different genres of writing and learning lots of new vocabulary and grammar.
In numeracy we will be:
- adding and subtracting 11, 21, 12 and 22.
- understanding and using vocabulary associated with position, direction and movement.
- begin to measure using centimetres and metres.
- finding the totals of coins and ways to make different amounts.
- place value and ordering 2 digit numbers.
- 2,5,3 and 10 times tables.
In RE will be:
- looking at signs and symbols in our environment.
- understanding why we have Remembrance Sunday
- looking at signs and symbols in church.
- reviewing the sacrament of baptism
- learning about Advent the birth of Jesus.
In PE we will be:
- performing simple activites with control and co-ordination.
- repeating and developing simple actions.
- applying movements in sequence.
- observing, copying and developing actions performed by others
- understanding principles of safe activity.
- these wil be performed through dance following our topic 'The Magic Toymaker.'
Files to Download
2B: News items
2B: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
2B: Display work items
2B: Events items
There are no Events items to display