2B 2019 - 2020
We would like to welcome you all to Spring 2 and share with you what we will be learning about! Our topic this half term is 'Buildings' which will be a very large focus on Geography and Art. For homework we are asking the children to research a famous building or structure this can be in the country of their choice. Could you please present this as a fact file using pictures, drawings and writing. When was the building made? What is it used for? Plus any other information you can find out. If you're feeling creative you could even present a mini model of the building. This work can start coming into school during the week beginning March 30th. Good luck with the research!
Please look below to find out what we are doing during Spring 2!
For our 'Buildings' topic we will be looking at:
Art & Geography:
- How to draw pictures of local buildings.
- How to make and decorate models of buildings
- How to make prints
- To use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
- To develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
- To describe the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
- Looking at the work of the famous artist LS Lowry.
- About different houses, homes and other buildings around the world
- How to use maps and atlases to locate the different countries these buildings are in.
- Use aerial photographs and plan perspectives to recognise landmarks and basic human physical features.
- Use simple fieldwork and observational skills to study the geography of their school and its grounds and the key human and physical features of its surrounding environment.
In Literacy we will be looking at:
- Character descriptions
- Letter writing
- Changing characters and settings
- Different sentence openers
- Expanded noun phrases
- Demarcation of sentences with different punctuation
- Editing our work (purple polishing).
- Guided reading
In numeracy we will be:
- To double numbers up to 15 and find their halves.
- To find half of even numbers to 30, and revise finding half of an odd number.
- To revise halves and quarters of shapes, and recognise one-third and two-thirds of shapes
- To Place halves on a number line, and begin to understand mixed numbers.
- To count in halves and quarters and write mixed numbers.
- To revise counting in 2s, 5s and 10s and finding specified multiples.
- To investigate multiplications with the same answer.
- To write multiplications to go with arrays.
- To tell the time to the nearest quarter of an hour using analogue and digital clocks.
- To understand units of time: minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years
- To interpret and complete a pictogram
- To make links between grouping and multiplication to begin to show division
- To begin to write divisions as multiplications with holes in and also to use the ÷ sign
- To recognise all coins, know their value, use them to make amounts, and recognise £5, £10, and £20 notes
- To add two amounts of money, beginning to cross into £s.
- To begin to locate numbers on an empty 0-100 line.
- To add 2-digit numbers by counting on in 10s and 1s.
- To subtract 2-digit numbers by counting back in 10s and 1s.
In RE we will be:
- Recognising signs and symbols, different words and phrases used in the Eucharist to give thanks.
- Recognising that catholics go to Mass to remember what Jesus did at the last supper and give thanks to God.
- Retelling the story of the last supper.
- Learning how catholics try to live and what they experience at Mass throughout their daily lives.
- Recognise that some christians use the time of Lent to choose to do good.
- Retelling the Easter story.
- Describe the religious action and symbols of Lent and Holy Week.
In PE we will be:
- Performing simple activites with control and co-ordination.
- Repeating and developing simple actions.
- Applying movements in sequence.
- Observing, copying and developing actions performed by others
- Understanding principles of safe activity.
- About different ways to balance
- About making shapes with our bodies
Files to Download
2B: News items
2B: Display work items
2B: Events items
There are no Events items to display