4S 2018 - 2019
Welcome to Year 4S
A very warm welcome to Year 4S.
We hope you enjoy looking at pictures of us working hard and learning. Follow this page to see our latest news and work.
Have a look at Year 4’s New Year’s Resolutions at the end of this page...
AT THE END OF THE YEAR, YEAR 4 WILL BE TESTED ON THEIR TIMETABLES KNOWLEDGE AND HAVE TO ANSWER A RANGE OF TIMESTABLE SUMS IN ANY GIVEN ORDER! Please ensure you help your child revise so they are prepared for their very important exam. They will only have 6 seconds to give an answer. Use this website to practise: https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477/Multiplication-Tables-Check
Why not give me feedback in your child’s homework book so I know how they’re getting on.
Term 4 - Topic-Different Places, Similar Lives
Over the next eight weeks those of us in Year 4 will be following a unit of work on a theme that focuses on ‘Different Places, Similar Lives`.
During this unit we will be focusing on Society, Geography, History, Technology and
In Society, we’ll be finding out:
• About ways of life in different countries
• About festivals and celebrations in other countries
In Geography, we’ll be finding out:
• What different countries are like
• How the climate affects the way people live
• Where our food comes from
• What people grow and eat in different countries
• What products we make in our host country
In History, we’ll be finding out:
• About important people in the countries we are studying
• About the way important people have changed lives
• How to make a timeline for the host country
In Technology, we’ll be finding out:
• How people, food and water are transported
• How wheels, levers, pulleys, slides and floats work
In International, we’ll be finding out:
• About the difference between rich and poor countries
• Why people around the world have different lives
• What is being done to help the least developed countrie
You can help your child by:
>Hearing him/her read daily and talking about the characters and plot
>Helping him/her to learn the weekly spellings
>Encouraging him/her to complete homework activities
>Helping him/her to learn their times tables
>Making sure he/she gets a good night’s sleep
If there is anything that you would like to discuss in relation to the teaching and learning in year 4 this year, please make an appointment.
Year 4S Class Teacher.
Files to Download
4S: News items
There are no News items to display
4S: Blog items
4S: Events items
There are no Events items to display