6C 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Y6C
In Y6C, we follow Christ's Gospel message of love each and every day.
We learn, play and grow together always striving to be the person God wants us to be.
Y6C Autumn Two 2019
During Autumn Two, Y6C will explore the topics of Vocations and Commitment as well as prepare for Advent and Christmas. We will continue to recognise the love God has for everyone through the Building the Kingdom unit celebrating life and recognising that November is the month of the Holy Souls.
The Literacy objectives in Autumn Two will initially be linked with the Building the Kingdom unit celebrating life. We will study a range of texts about the First World War, including fiction, non-fiction and poetry, as well as a range of primary and secondary sources from the war. These texts will help us to understand and examine the experiences of soldiers in World War One. We will be able to write formal and informal letters from the trenches, as well as a diary entry reflecting on the Christmas Day Armistice in 1914. Out unit of work will conclude with an assembly where we will read examples of our work, display our artwork depicting life in the trenches and sing, “Stille Nacht” as the soldiers in the First World War did.
Before Christmas, we will read and watch, “The Polar Express” by Chris Van Allsburg and compare stories depicted in books and films. This will help us to prepare to write our own versions of the Polar Express.
In Autumn Two, the objectives will continue to build on the concepts taught in Autumn One and include:
• Identifying common factors, common multiples and prime numbers.
• Long Division.
• Fractions – simplify, find common multiples, compare and order, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Calculate the area and perimeter of parallelograms and triangles.
• Calculate, estimate and compare the volume of cubes and cuboids using standard units.
Animals Including Humans
Our science topic this term will explore the similarities and differences between animals and humans. We will explore:
• The brain and central nervous system.
• The function of bones and muscles.
• The heart and the respiratory system.
• The circulatory system.
• The digestive system.
• How to keep healthy including a balanced diet, exercise and the effect of drugs on the body.
• The importance of medical research.
Files to Download
6C: News items
6C: Blog items
Rememberance Day, by Miss Curran
Remembering the Holy Souls in November, by Miss Curran
Year 6 Visit Manchester Art Gallery and Central Library, by Miss Curran
6C: Display work items
6C: Events items
There are no Events items to display